NetZero Message Center Login: www.netzero.com Netzero Web email Imagine having a dedicated webmail service that can fulfill all your requirements. You must have used a number of email services, but NetZero is somewhat different from them in terms of features and benefits offered. The NetZero Message Center lets you read and write your NetZero email from any device in the world.
NetZero Message Center
Netzero Message Center offers you a customized email operating experience, with options you actually need in a webmail service. The service lets you navigate to your mailbox, folders, address book, and options page. Also, it allows you to personalize your homepage to discover the latest news and happenings, pictures, local weather and lots more.
The NetZero Message Center can be assessed using any dedicated email program such as Outlook Express by collaborating to your NetZero software. Surprisingly, it can be accessed even if you are on a vacation or anywhere else using an internet run computer. Your email address will remain the same and your account will always be accessible.
NetZero is a booming internet service provider based in Los Angeles, California. It is a subordinate of United Online, which is an independent public company providing a number of products and services. (Source: Wikipedia)
Features of the NetZero Message Center Login
Here we will provide you the summary of features of the NetZero Message Center. Some of the key features of this program are:
- Customized home page.
- Manage all your emails from one place.
- Create as many email addresses you want.
- Keeps your contacts and address book accessible.
- Supports mobile and web access.
- Provide options to create your signature, vacation responder, and filter junk mails.
- Upgrade your account anytime.
- Software available via CD or download.
- The free version doesn’t require any download.
- Secures your account from online fraud, spyware and adware, virus, spam, and other security breaches.
- Runs on Windows and Mac systems.
Creating a NetZero email account
NetZero offers you a simple and easy way to access email. To initiate using this program, first, you need to create a NetZero email account. For this, you need to follow the steps below:
- Go to http://www.netzero.net/freeemail to create your NetZero email account.
- Enter your basic information like full name, address, email and phone number.
- Create your NetZero member ID and password.
- Choose your security question and answer.
- Enter your date of birth, education, occupation, and ages of children in the household.
- Also, choose your annual household income and ethnic group.
- Enter the terms of security check, and then select the checkbox beside ‘Terms of Service and Billing Authorization’.
- Click Continue to create your NetZero account.
- NetZero will send you a confirmation email after which, you can start accessing your NetZero email account.
- Now you can share your NetZero email ID with everyone in order to receive emails. You can also start sending emails from the same account.
How does the program work?
To use the NetZero Message Centers, you need to configure it with a dedicated email program like Windows Live Mail, Microsoft Outlook Express, Thunderbird or Macmail.
To configure it with Microsoft Outlook Express, you need to follow the steps below:
- Run Outlook Express and go to Tools > Accounts.
- Click the Add button and choose Mail from the list.
- Type your display name in the Display box as you want it to appear in the emails > click Next.
- Type your full NetZero email address in the box > click Next.
- Select POP3 from the drop-down
- Type pop.netzero.com in the Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP, HTTP) server box.
- Type smtp.netzero.com in the Outgoing mail (SMTP) server box > click Next.
- Type your NetZero Member ID in the Account name box (without typing @netzero.com).
- Type your NetZero password in the password box.
- Check Remember password > click Next.
- Click the Finish button to add your NetZero account.
- Highlight your NetZero account from the list > click Properties.
- Click the Advanced tab and check the ‘This server requires a secure connection (SSL)’ box under the POP and SMTP sections.
- Modify the POP port number to 995 and SMTP port number to 465.
- Check the ‘Leave a copy of messages on server’ box > click Apply.
- Click OK to close the properties box > click Close to end, configuring your NetZero email account.
To configure the program with Thunderbird, follow these steps:
- Run Thunderbird > click Tools > Account Settings.
- Click on the Email Account > click Next.
- Type your name and your NetZero email address.
- Choose POP as your incoming mail server.
- Type pop.netzero.com as your incoming mail server.
- Type 995 for the Port > click Next.
- Type your NetZero email address as both the Incoming and Outgoing server name > click Next.
- Confirm the details provided and click Finish to create your account.
- Select Outgoing Server under your new account created.
- Type smtp.netzero.com as your outgoing server > type 465 for the Port.
- Select the Use Secure Connection (SSL) and Use Secure Authentication boxes.
- Select your username and password > type your NetZero email address.
- Thunderbird will ask your password during the first time > click OK to finish.
For MacMail configuration,
- Run MacMail > go to Mail > Preferences.
- Go to Accounts > Add account.
- Choose POP from the options in Account Type.
- Type your full NetZero email address > type your full name in the box.
- Type pop.netzero.com in the Incoming Mail Server box and type 995 for the Port.
- Type your full email in the username box and password in the Password box.
- Click the Outgoing Mail Server menu > click Add Server.
- Type: smtp.netzero.com for the Outgoing Mail Server and type 465 for the Port.
- Check the option for Use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL).
- Check the Requires Authentication box > click Next to finish.
- Click OK > Ok again.
- Close the Accounts window when it is done.
The NetZero Message Center is completely free to use, however, if you want to avail additional storage and features, then you can upgrade to the MegaMail (2GB) or MegaMail Plus (5GB) storage packages for $17.95/year and $30.95/year.
NetZero Corporate Office Address
United Online/NetZero, Inc.
Woodland Hills, California 91367